View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 14, 2021, 03:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I would never "stop" the game, at any point, to address an untucked jersey. In fact, I would even be more conservative than JRutledge and Raymond, not only waiting for dead ball, but rather, waiting for a stopped clock dead ball. Good times for me to address untucked jerseys include when players are lining up for free throws (also a usual time for me to note untucked jerseys as I check for proper player positioning, remember, I often work middle school games), or during lengthy substitutions.
You thought I meant a literal "dead ball" like when the basket it made? You thought I would consider stopping all play because by rule we have a dead ball? More like, we have all subs coming into the game and I tell the player after the ball was ruled a foul, out of bounds or a violation and I can get to the said player in a timely manner, that is the only way I am telling a kid to tuck their shirt in. This might not be noticed for several minutes under the right circumstances from me.

Peace