View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 25, 2003, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mbcrowder
Jason - which chapter are you in?

I'd add that subvarsity games are often right in the range Jason describes, but not always exactly what he listed. Got $100 for two 7th grade games in week one. Some of the Dallas area junior highs pay $25 per game, some pay up to $40.
I am in North Texas chapter. I'm sure that some schools are paying more because I have been getting $65 to work 2 Jr. High games and UIL mandates for 2 jr. high games to pay $60. Based off the UIL website the fees I listed are the maximum that they may pay, so it appears that these schools are in violation of the UIL rules. Here is the UIL rule I copied: FEE VIOLATIONS. The maximum fee listed should be paid to officials working varsity contests. For subvarsity contests, unless otherwise specified, fees less than the maximum may be negotiated between the chapter and the school. If a participant school exceeds the maximum fee schedule, the district executive committee shall meet as soon as possible to decide if an emergency warranted the excess fee(s). If the school in question proves an emergency caused the overpayment, the district executive committee does not have to assess a penalty.