View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 16, 2021, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Continuing Participation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But he is coming out of that game if I am working, even if I did not see the contact.
Coach requesting a timeout will keep him in the game.

Possible concussion? Here in Connecticut a state law has been passed by the legislature, and signed by the governor, that requires coaches to have mandatory concussion training and puts all the responsibility on the coach regarding such a player continuing to participate in the game. Officials are not any part of the equation (officials here in Connecticut pay annual dues ($13.00) and belong to an officials arm of the our state interscholastic sports governing body, and that arm put in a tremendous effort and lobbied the state legislature (our dues at work) to keep officials out of the law, for example, no mandatory concussion training, and thus, no decision making, for officials). In fact, we're advised not to ever use the work "concussion" in discussing such an injury with a coach, we're limited to saying "Coach, you may want to check out number twelve".

However, as usual, when in Rome, check your local listings.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jun 16, 2021 at 01:36pm.