Thread: And 1 or 2 FTs?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 08, 2021, 12:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

In Flight ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I have been searching the rule book and case book for something that says whether or not you count the basket if released after the buzzer has gone off. Anyone have a rules reference for this?
Assuming the buzzer was deemed to be "correct" (i.e., no definite knowledge):

6-7: The ball becomes dead, or remains dead, when:
Art. 6 Time expires for a quarter or extra period (see exception a below).
Art. 7 A foul, other than player-control or team-control, occurs (see exceptions a, b and c below).
Exception: The ball does not become dead until the try or tap for field goal ends, or until the airborne shooter returns to the floor, when:
a. Article 5, 6, or 7 occurs while a try or tap for a field goal is in flight.
b. Article 5 or 7 occurs while a try for a free throw is in flight.
c. Article 7 occurs by any opponent of a player who has started a try or tap for field goal (is in the act of shooting) before the foul occurred, provided time did not expire before the ball was in flight.

Assuming the buzzer was deemed to be "incorrect" (i.e., definite knowledge):

5-10-1 The referee may correct an obvious mistake by the timer to start or stop the clock properly only when he/she has definite information relative to the time involved. The exact time observed by the official may be placed on the clock.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jun 08, 2021 at 12:38pm.