View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2021, 10:19am
Esteemed Forum Member

One Man's Opinion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Will be officiating in June for the first time since the pandemic started. What is more commonly being used - the electronic whistle, or the "whistle mask"?
I only worked an abbreviated season of about two dozen games this past season here in my little corner of Connecticut and I was only official (while masked) using an electronic whistle, everybody else wore a mask. Nobody used those little whistle pouches that only protect the blowees, not the blowers.

I stuck to my electronic whistle because I liked it, and it only took a few minutes for me to get used to it (signals, whistle hand strap, etc.).

It worked well for me because almost all of my games sites limited fans to one, or two, parents per player, so the sound volume of my whistle was never a factor.

I used the Fox 40 "Full Size" Electronic Whistle. It was the the only one that used a powerful nine volt battery. All the others seemed to use a less powerful 1.5 volt AA, or AAA battery (some even used "button" batteries). It took some shopping on my part, but I was eventually able to find a black Fox 40 "Full Size" Electronic Whistle instead of the more common red Fox 40 "Full Size" Electronic Whistle.

All my partners seemed to like (tolerate is a better word) their masks, didn't hear a lot of complaints.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon May 24, 2021 at 02:52pm.