View Single Post
Old Sat May 15, 2021, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
IAABO Make The Call Video

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...O0M%2F5w%3D%3D

Is this a Block, Player Control, Charge or No Call Correct? Observe the play and make a decision as to whether this should have been ruled a Block, Player Control, Charge or is it a No Call Correct? Who is responsible for making a judgment on this play - the Center or the Lead? Can the Trail help on this play?

Five choices: This is Player Control foul. This is a Blocking foul. This is a Flop. This is incidental contact (NCC - No Call Correct). This is a Charge.

My comment: This is a Charge. Ball handler Blue #10 releases the ball on a pass and then charges into White #1 who had legal guarding position. Team control foul.
In my opinion this was either a block or a no call. Why? In my opinion, the defender does move, just slightly to a different position once the UCLA player has gone airborn and he does maintain the newly established position in the landing spot of the airborn player.

On a side note, as a fan, I don't like seeing a very questionable call with 14 seconds left in the game deciding a Sweet 16 game. (As a Michigan fan, I wish the call had been a team control foul and no basket, as I think Michigan would have had a better chance vs Alabama).