View Single Post
Old Wed May 05, 2021, 10:01am
Esteemed Forum Member

Birds And Bees ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Each committee does not give a crap what the other one does. They worry about their game and their game only for the most part.
JRutledge is in a much better position than me to understand the complexities of NCAA men's and women's differentiated rules and mechanics.

But I would think that they are, at least, aware of what the other is doing and, for reasons benefiting each, choosing either do the same, or not to do the same.

It is often opined on the Forum that NCAA rules often trickle down to the NFHS. When one looks at all three groups, NFHS, NCAAM, and NCAAW, there might be tiny little bit of "cross pollination" going on.

There's probably more in common between NFHS basketball, NCAAM basketball, and NCAAW basketball, than there are differences between them.

If a being from Jupiter were to land here and watch all three games for the very first time, it would take him a very long time to note subtle differences, certainly longer than it would take him to note that the line at the women's restroom is much longer than the line at the men's rest room, and that concession stand beer is more expensive than beer purchased at a store.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed May 05, 2021 at 10:16am.