View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 30, 2021, 12:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Say It Ain't So, Joe ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Good citation if you are teaching test taking skills. But since 17% of IAABO officials will think this is a PC foul despite the pass, it needs to be a choice.
Every year that I taught I gave a lesson on how to make educated guesses when one didn't actually know the correct answer on my multiple choice and matching science unit tests questions. One suggestion was to ask oneself, "Why shouldn't I answer with this choice?", thus narrowing down one's choices (guesses), thus improving one's chances of a correct guess. If the test is asking for name of a scientist, be sure to answer with a name, not something else, like "stalagmite". I wanted my students to learn that there were "bad wrong answers" and "good wrong answers". It's science, a scientific hypothesis is no more than an educated guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A few early returns from IAABO members who have already commented show that a few are confused by this principle.
Let's see if the 17% prediction holds up. I hope that 17% is too high (I'm a rose colored glasses kind of guy), but it might be a good over/under.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Apr 30, 2021 at 03:01pm.