View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 29, 2021, 12:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Low Priority Call ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
Really? 22% missed the PC foul and you're hoping they'll make sure that 3 second calls like this. I agree with your concept about them using the answers to make fixes, but, this just doesn't make my priority list.
Yeah, three seconds is a low priority call. Officials often kid that if three seconds was one's toughest call in a game, then one had a very easy game.

If you're referring to the "Fun With Legal Guarding Position" thread, that was a subjective judgment, somewhat challenging call for some, a call that at least one Forum member questioned.

While many calls have at least some subjective judgment component to them, this three second thread was mostly about simple rule knowledge, with one Forum member appropriately making fun of the simplicity of the rule highlighted in the video. This video did stand out when one compares the simplicity of the question and lack of complexity of the rule, relative to the high number of incorrect answers.

And I was not just referring to re-examining only this one incorrect answer issue. I'm pretty sure that IAABO can both walk and chew gum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... addresses issues such as this (not just this one) in future educational resources.
Also, in the overall scheme of things, this will be a relatively easy problem for IAABO to fix compared to other more complex subjective judgment problems.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Apr 29, 2021 at 01:03pm.