View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 29, 2021, 09:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

Money (Pink Floyd, 1973) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
When I first started officiating my High School association only paid us at the end of the season. So every March I would take that money and first pay off all my credit cards.
Approximately half of the school systems (high schools and middle schools), here in my little corner of Connecticut use ArbiterPay, and I elect to get the money in the form of a direct deposit into my checking account rather than as a check, or a debit card. I let the money accumulate in ArbiterPay all season long, occasionally checking to insure that I was paid, and only transfer the sum total into my checking account at the end of the season, like a giant balloon payment. Part of the money usually goes to my tax accounting firm, Dewey, Cheatem and Howe. Some of the rest usually pre-pays (gets me a discount) my lawn maintenance company (fertilizer, insecticide, herbicide, lime) for the upcoming season.

I wasn't a big fan at first, worried about ArbiterPay having my bank account information and Social Security Number, but I'm now a fan, although I still like opening up my mailbox and occasionally finding a nice surprise check from non-ArbiterPay school systems.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Apr 29, 2021 at 09:55am.