View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 25, 2021, 06:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Agree with you on the first point. Second point is moot because I did not invoke the old Point of Emphasis to explain my call, and did not rule intentional as the Point of Emphasis stipulates.

Regarding "automatic", you may be right, because we do not have any recent citations, of any type, stating that the old Point of Emphasis is still valid.

However, I may be right because we don't have any citation of any type stating that the old Point of Emphasis is now invalid. Nor do we have any rule changes, caseplay changes, annual interpretations, or newer Point of Emphases that would give even a hint that the old Point of Emphasis is now invalid.

Jury's out, and by jury, I mean the NFHS, not BillyMac, not JRutledge, not the Forum, and not IAABO.

Only the highest levels of the NFHS know for sure.
I do not work for the NF or answer to them. So unless they put something in the rulebook that is specific, the people I work for have not ever told us to call an Intentional or Flagrant Foul for simple elbow contact. Maybe who you work for this is an issue, not where I live. The only time this is an issue is when people try to use old POEs and try to use some standard that is at other levels that is an issue.

Peace