View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 25, 2021, 04:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No Flagrant Or Intentional Mentioned ...

.. By me, or by IAABO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... the options you posted did not indicate anything but PC foul, a blocking foul, and incidental contact. Nothing said to call this flagrant or intentional, which suggests to me they did not feel that it rose to any such level.
Good point. I personally didn't even consider an upgrade, but I have sent an email to the IAABO co-coordinators of interrupters asking why an upgrade wasn't even considered an option based on the old Point of Emphasis.

Oddly, they used this old Point of Emphasis to "upgrade" in a citation on an IAABO Make The Call Video Play Commentary posted on January 20, 2021.

IAABO Make The Call Video Play Commentary:
This is an intentional foul. If a player swings elbows excessively, (faster than the rest of the player’s torso), and contacts an opponent, it is at a minimum an intentional foul. If the contact is severe or the player ‘measures up’ the opponent, it is flagrant. (2012-13 POE) In this play, Red #35 swings her elbows in at a pace that exceeds the speed of the torso. This should be ruled an intentional personal foul. Officials only have rules support to rule this incidental contact or a common foul (player control foul) if the player's elbow was stationary when the contact occurred. (2012-13 POE)

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...2FIE%2Bg%3D%3D

Ill get back to everybody once I get a reply.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Apr 25, 2021 at 05:25pm.