View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 24, 2021, 01:28am
Esteemed Forum Member

Contact To The Head ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Very first lesson I ever learned in my very first basketball camp 19 years ago was to call fouls when there is contact to the head. It has always stuck with me. The person who ran that little local high school camp is now the supervisor for about 9 or 10 Men's D1 conferences and his philosophies kind of permeate in this region of the country down to the D3 level.
Sounds a little like the NFHS 2012-13 Contact Above The Shoulders Point Of Emphasis. While I personally believe that the specifics (common/intentional/flagrant, moving/excessive moving) may still be valid, I can understand why others wouldn't believe such (how are inexperienced officials to know). But I strongly believe that the intent and purpose of the eight year old Point Of Emphasis is still valid: to prevent concussions by charging fouls (of some type) for any above the shoulder contact by a moving elbow.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 24, 2021 at 08:09am.