View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 23, 2021, 06:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

You Make The Call ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... I think it is very possible that the call was not because of contact to the neck area at all, there might have been contact with the torso which caused displacement ... how can we tell that if we do not have a good angle or if the official did not tell us why they made this call?
We don't have to explain why the official made her call.

Nor do we have to explain something that we can't see in the video due to our viewing angle.

We could view the video, as presented, make a call, or a no call, and explain why we made the call, or no call (not why she made the call).

In the video, as presented, is there contact with the neck area of the defender?

If so, in the video, as presented, is this incidental contact, not warranting a foul?

Or, in the video, as presented, is this contact illegal, warranting a foul?

If one can't see any contact, or doesn't see any contact, just state it, and move on. No contact means no foul. No need to discuss illegal/incidental. No contract. It's just that simple as a stand alone statement.

Is there anything else going on that's worth mentioning (travel, defender contact not warranting a foul, defender contact warranting a foul, other contact by the ball handler not warranting a foul, other contact by the ball handler warranting a foul)?

JRutledge's knowledge and experience is way too valuable to be dismissed, or ignored. He's worth listening to. I just wish that he was more careful with his wording.

Words matter.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 24, 2021 at 01:29am.