View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 12, 2021, 12:27pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Already Landed Shooter Taken Out ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I don't split hairs on these plays. Unless it is obvious that they have already returned to the floor, I'm considering the foul in the act of shooting.
Agree. The only time that I may call a foul after the shooter returns the floor, is on a three point attempt where the shooter clearly has already returned to the floor and then gets "taken out" by a defender running at the shooter whose momentum carries him into the "already landed" shooter.

Very rare, may go a few years between such calls. When I call these (rarely), this not an airborne shooter play, and thus becomes a common foul play (bonus, not bonus, free throws, throwin, etc.). Because of the distance (and time in flight) of the try (from three point range) it's usually occurs during a live ball (not wanting to go down the "dead ball foul must be intentional, or flagrant" rabbit hole).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Apr 12, 2021 at 12:31pm.