Thread: Warning ???
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 06, 2021, 03:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Defender Crosses The Plane ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... without a previous warning means that the ... has lost the privilege of a warning in that game?
Reminds me of an inbound play where the defender crosses the plane and slaps the ball (technical foul), or the inbounder (intentional foul), with no previous delay warning (of any type).

That also counts as a team warning for delay so that the next delay (of any type) is a technical foul.

Should the delay warning be actually "issued" (in the scorebook)? I believe that it should be.

From the Most Misunderstood Basketball Rules list:

The defender may not break the boundary plane during a throwin until the ball has been released on a throwin pass. If the defender breaks the boundary plane during a throwin before the ball has been released on a throwin pass, the defender’s team will receive a team delay warning, or if the team has already been warned for one of the four delay situations, this action would result in a team technical foul. If the defender contacts the ball after breaking the boundary plane, it is a player technical foul and a team delay warning will be recorded. If the defender breaks the boundary plane, and fouls the inbounding player, it is an intentional personal foul, and a team delay warning will be recorded.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Apr 06, 2021 at 04:26pm.