View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 06, 2021, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Technical fouls I've given this past season....

1. to HC for audibly voicing his displeasure at a female ref partner's reluctance to call a foul when his player clearly "chucked" the ball up looking for "bail out" call--then there being no call, this HC said, quite loudly: "somebody please help HER out!"

2. to player cursing to another player on his same team; and this occurred at a Catholic highschool no less!

3. to HC for repetitive demonstrative exclamations of: " 8 fouls to 2 fouls--are you kidding me!?" I admit that the first time he said it, I stopped the clock and documented a "warning notice" in the scorebook, then he persisted (ostensibly believing that I didn't have the gumption to tech him up).

4. to player for turning to me and loudly exclaiming--after said player missed a bunny layup under defensive pressure--"c'mon ref that's a foul!"; this despite his teammate telling him to "STFU you're always complaining".

Quite to my surprise, sometimes when I'm driving home from a game I will think over certain scenarios from the game and to be honest, there were more times that I "passed" on issuing a technical foul when in retrospect I should've issued one.

*In summary, it seems that my threshold for imposing technical fouls is lower when a HC doing/saying things that imply that I am biased/unfair and also when they berate a female partner(s). Oh and before I close, in the video subject of this thread, I'd have issued and documented a "formal warning" at minimum for slapping the score table; however, I could've gone straight to a tech depending on the gestalt.

Last edited by Kansas Ref; Tue Apr 06, 2021 at 01:08pm.