View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 06, 2021, 12:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...V7Hpo0Ug%3D%3D

IAABO Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a player control foul.

White #14 cuts to the basket, receives the ball and starts a dribble, and contacts a secondary defender (Black #1) in the lane. Black #1 obtained legal guarding position (LGP) by having both feet touching the playing court the front of her torso facing the opponent. (4-23-2) The contact caused by White #14 displaces Black #1 and is properly ruled a foul by the Lead official. Because White #14 was in control of the ball when the foul occurred, this is a player control foul. (4-19-6)

The Lead official incorrectly demonstrates the team control foul signal at the site of the foul. The player control foul signal should have been displayed by placing a hand behind the head. (IAABO manual p. 239)

After ruling a foul, the ruling official should hustle to the reporting area. Stop. Complete all reporting information – verbalize uniform color, signal the player’s number, signal the type of foul. (IAABO manual p. 249)

It should be noted that when the team control signal is needed, it should not be demonstrated by using a "punching" motion. (IAABO manual p. 239) When signaling, be professional, by using signals in a manner which is calm, unhurried, and under control. (IAABO manual p. 233 Section C)

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a player control foul 85% (including me). The defensive player "flopped" 12%. This is a blocking foul 3%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Apr 06, 2021 at 12:44pm.