Thread: Interpretations
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 03, 2021, 12:08pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Vanished Into Thin Air ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
(Invalid) Definitely never officially stated by the NFHS. Nothing officially stated by the NFHS to the contrary.
Quote:
(Valid) Never officially stated by the NFHS, but often assumed to be true by many, but not all, officials.
I was uninformed and spoke prematurely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
That ruling is definitely still valid. Someone from this forum communicated it to the NFHS and a ruling was issued. Nothing in the rules has changed since that play ruling was issued. It fits perfectly with the current NFHS rules.
Is this our Rosetta Stone? Is this the answer to our questions regarding such? If it's good for one "vanishing" interpretation, is it good for most (or all, assuming no rule change)?

Wishful thinking? No such luck. This idea will go down like a lead balloon.

But it is one small piece of the evidence puzzle for those Forum members that agree with Nevadaref and me.

Quote:
Old Interpretations Never Die ...
Even then, we still have the issue of old Points of Emphasis.

Nevadaref may disagree with me, but I believe that old Points of Emphasis (like "vanished" casebook plays, and annual one-time interpretations) are still valid as long as there are no relevant rule changes and/or interpretation changes to invalidate such.

Very interesting.

Stupid NFHS.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 03, 2021 at 04:02pm.