Thread: Interpretations
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 03, 2021, 10:53am
Esteemed Forum Member

Team Congregates On School Division Line Logo ...

Did this ever make it's way into the rulebook? Outside of Connecticut, how are officials with less than nine years of experience supposed to know this (assume no spitting)? Stupid NFHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
We actually do have some "Connecticut Only" rules, and/or mechanics. Team members are not allowed to congregate at division line, or on school logo during introductions. I believe that the "team congregate school logo introductions" is an actual NFHS "rule", but I believe it's embedded in a Point of Emphasis from several years ago, and never made it's way into the actual rulebook. The Connecticut interscholastic sports governing body wants this strictly enforced. Too many players spitting on the home team logo.
2011-12 Points Of Emphasis
Sporting Behavior. The NFHS Basketball Rules Committee continues to be concerned about the following behaviors: Pregame Situations. Teams entering the gymnasium prior to the contest should not run through the area occupied by the opposing team or under the basket where opponents are warming up. Teams should only enter, jog or warm-up on their own half of the court. Gatherings intended to motivate a team after the warm-up period, during or following player introductions and post-game celebrations should be performed in the area directly in front of the team bench. If during the pregame or half-time warm-up period one team leaves the floor, the other team should not use the entire court; teams should only warm-up on their half of the court.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 03, 2021 at 12:26pm.