View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 01, 2021, 11:30am
Esteemed Forum Member

Proper Signals ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... wrong signal, but only people that might care is the supervisor or state organization that assigns this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Does anyone really care about this part other than a few people that have nothing better to worry about?
Here in my little corner of Connecticut, yes, a committee of trained observers/evaluators that control one's promotion up (and demotion down) the ladder.

Of course, proper signals (considered a part of mechanics) play only a very small role in the one's overall evaluation, but it's still on the observation/evaluation check list.

For some reason, various individual player control foul signals seem to be accepted, probably because many veteran observers/evaluators have their own individual player control foul signal variations.

Regarding player control foul signals, it's like the Wild Wild West here in my little corner of Connecticut.

If the the NFHS changes the player control foul signal to the team control foul signal, maybe it will be like a new sheriff coming to town.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Apr 07, 2021 at 10:52am.