View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 01, 2021, 10:16am
Esteemed Forum Member

No Long Switches ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
... maybe TC if the ball was already loose ... what's in use in a given area (and whether the official judged it to be TC or PC).
Agree. I had to watch the video twice to see if the ball had popped loose before, or after the contact (it was after), hard to see by the Lead on the other side of the lane.

Regarding "areas", we experimented with "no long switches" here in Connecticut for year, or two, and went back to long switches because officials weren't switching on player control fouls even though they were explicitly told that this was not to be considered a long switch (because there was a change in possession). I think that we got our wrists slapped by IAABO International after a State tournament final observation by such. It's possible that some local, or state, boards, or associations (IAABO or other) consider this a "no long switch" situation.

Also keep in mind that the NFHS Rules Committee is considering eliminating the player control signal, using the team control signal instead.

As I've stated before, here in my little corner of Connecticut we see more player control foul signals than Carter has Little Liver Pills.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Apr 01, 2021 at 11:42am.