View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 18, 2021, 12:40pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hyperbole ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... if I advise a player that he can't play with an illegal undershirt, I'm ignoring what happens next. Yeah. I know that we can easily advise that the player go to the locker room ...
... So, following my advice, he goes to the locker room to temporarily remove his jersey to comply with a rule and remove an illegal undershirt, but I forget to remind him that he must be accompanied by an adult, and the knucklehead trips and drowns in a toilet. Attorney billable hours aren't cheap.

Too many steps. Can't play with illegal undershirt. Can't temporarily remove a jersey in a not-unsporting manner to comply with a rule within the visual confines of the playing area. Can't go to the locker room unless accompanied by an adult.

Can't. Can't. Can't. Sounds like my mother from sixty years ago.

I'd rather just ignore the temporary not-unsporting removal of a jersey within the visual confines of the playing area for the purpose of removing an illegal undershirt to comply with a rule.

By rule, and interpretation, I'm wrong, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 26, 2021 at 12:24pm.