View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2021, 08:56am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...4gaKHDvw%3D%3D

IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a team control foul.

This is clearly illegal contact committed by the offensive low post player. The offensive player extends an arm into the head and neck area and displaces the defender. It is tough to tell from this camera angle, but if the elbow contacted the defender above the head, this contact could be ruled intentional.

The lead official has a good angle on the play, but might of had a better angle by taking a step of two toward the sideline to get wider.

Illegal "off ball" contact remains an area in which officials need to make a concentrated effort to improve. Contact such as this needs to be addressed. If officials are diligent in enforcing this type of contact, it goes a long way in ensuring illegal contact such as this does not escalate throughout the game.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a team control foul 95% (including me). This is incidental contact - play on! 5%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)