View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 13, 2021, 02:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Nuggets Of Wisdom ...

Found these nuggets of wisdom while doing research:

If a NFHS Point of Emphasis falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it still exist?

Young Basketball Official: "So, BillyMac, why did you charge that player with an intentional foul? His foul didn't appear to meet any of requirements of an intentional foul as defined in Rule 4."

BillyMac: "Because the player was swinging his elbows, not excessively, and he accidentally struck, not too severely, the opponent in the head."

Young Basketball Official: "Please show me that in the rulebook or casebook."

BillyMac: "Sure it's right here. Wait? It's not in our 2020-21 rulebook? It's in the 2012-13 rulebook. Check out your 2012-13 rulebook when you get home."

Young Basketball Official: "I don't have a 2012-13 rulebook. Back in 2012-13, I was still playing basketball in middle school. I didn't become a basketball official until last year."

BillyMac: "Well then young grasshopper, see Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. He's got that old rulebook up in his attic. I'm sure that he'll be pleased to climb the attic stairs and get it for you."

Aaaaaaaaaand, scene.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 14, 2021 at 10:32am.