View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2021, 07:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

So Fire Me. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The NFHS made this change sometime around when Brandi Chastain (US Women's Soccer) made SI's cover with a shirt removal. Many in the NFHS world didn't want teenage girls emulating that and/or thought it was improper for girls to be removing their shirts in public even though that were not naked and had a sports bra or similar under it. So, at least partially due to the above, they made it illegal to take the shirt off in the gym even if it wasn't unsportsmanlike. To be equal, the rule was made to apply to boys just the same.
Comments On The 2005-06 Rules Revisions
Jerseys/Pants/Skirts Prohibited From Being Removed ... The rule is intended to be applied in all situations - even when a player must change uniforms due to blood or other unusual circumstances. It is not unreasonable to expect team members to go to their locker rooms to change their jerseys.

I'm 100% wrong, but if I advise a player that he can't play with an illegal undershirt, I'm ignoring what happens next.

Yeah. I know that we can easily advise that the player go to the locker room, but I'm still ignoring what happens next.

I'm what'cha call a rebel. Yeah. A rebel, I tell you. A rebel.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 12, 2021 at 08:01pm.