View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2021, 04:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

Agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better myself.

While I can't criticize you for deciding that the eight year old Point of Emphasis is null and void, please don't criticize me for be believing that it's still in force. We all know who to criticize. The stupid NFHS.
I did not say anything about this being null and void, I said that they could have clarified just this year with situations that are not being considered intentional fouls. Again, Intentional Foul is a POE this year, and nothing about contact to the head and neck area in that statement. I will also consider calling an elbow play as an intentional foul as I always have, but just because there is contact does not mean it rises to that level. This play was not a blow, this was using the arm to push off and it got a little high. I am comfortable with my position on this as I would be at the other levels that suggest that this would not likely be anything but a common or team control foul as well. I am a little tired of having this debate, but I think this is caused by the not addressing this by the NF, not necessarily individuals.

Peace