View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2021, 02:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It's bad enough to be thrown under the bus in for something that happened in front of a few people, it's far worse to be thrown under the bus for something that happened in front of partners, coaches, players, athletic directer, site directer, trainers, poice officer in the corner, principal, fans, parents, and the press.

What happens to an official's credibility when something like this (report quenched) happens? Everybody (officials, coaches, etc.) knows everybody in the world of local/state high school basketball, and word spreads quickly.
To be fair, I was not thrown under the bus. I was asked not to file a report based on a ruling I made. I still filed the report and it was too late to not file the report. If not confronted in the doorway I would not have done it so fast.

I did not mention that part of the story in my comments here because it should have been enough to get throw out, but when you confront me and act like "We should talk" that was too much for me. I even said to the coach when he tried to talk to me in the doorway, "So you want to talk so you can lie about what I said and misrepresent the conversation....not me." If that had never happened, I might have waited. But I contacted the assignor before I left the building and he got back to me while I was in the car and asked, "Could you have walked away." I said no with a few sentences and started writing my report.

I do not say any of this in order to call out the supervisor, I am saying this because I think we are the last people they think of when these games are going on and only consider that they do not want to give us any support when the participants act badly. They think we just walk in and do games and do not realize all the preparation that we do before getting to a game and sometimes the conversations afterward.

Peace