View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2021, 02:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Accountability ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
In Indiana alone ... you have to report every technical foul given and the reasoning. It affects their being able to host or properly get certain privileges if they get so many of these actions. You have to fill out those reports.
It's not just paperwork, it's all about accountability.

Here in Connecticut all ejections are to be reported to the CIAC (state interscholastic sports governing body) via our assigner (first to assigner who forwards it to the state, never directly from official to state). CIAC then contacts the school principal who (with the athletic director) is responsible to make sure that the ejected coach or player doesn't participate in any basketball game at any level until the player or coach sits out one game of the level in which the player or coach was ejected.

In addition, here in my little comer of Connecticut, all unsporting technical fouls (player and/or coaches) are to be reported to our assigner. He may contact the athletic director and/or principal depending on the severity of the unsporting technical foul, or the cumulative number of unsporting technical fouls during the season.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Mar 07, 2021 at 02:48pm.