View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2021, 11:46am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are right.

I had a game yesterday that was a conference tournament (we will have no IHSA Post Season this year). So during the first game, I have a player T after the player was warned. Well when the team lost, we had them again (same crew) right after the first game.

Well during this next game the coach for that team got a T from me, carrying over something from the first game (big no-no for me). Then I had to T up one of his players for throwing the ball at the head of the opponent, after that player that got hit was fouled. My partner called the foul, but I saw the kid throwing the ball at the opponent. It was clear as day.

So immediately after the game because we are in the COVID issue and would not allow us to use the locker room continuously and store our things in that locker room, our bags were right off the court. When the game was over after an overtime session, the coach approaches me and threatens that he was going to call the assignor and called me a disgrace. Well, I was literally on the basketball court and not even near the locker room, I ejected him with a quickness and told the table he had been ejected from the game. Then the coach standing next to me tried to tell the table, "The game is over, you cannot do anything the game is over."

So I went to my car and filed what is called a "Special Report" which is used for all ejections in all states (except for soccer for some reason). I have wifi so I filled out the report and happen to have my computer in the car because I was leaving to go out of town. So without hesitation, I filled out the report. While driving to my destination (3 hours away) the assignor asked me not to file the report, even know I was following the rules. I was pissed beyond belief, but it was too damn late. I had already submitted the report and cannot take it back. And I am a very experienced official that had to deal with this, what about the guy that just started or has 5 years in?

The schools helped create this situation. Normally I would have not been anywhere near the court and on our way to the locker room. Secondly, they think because they can do whatever they wish without consequences. But a T is the same as any other foul, but it is not. IJS.

Peace

I assign for 24 schools and I could never imagine asking an official to do something like this. It's not ethical, for one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro