View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2021, 11:15am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...uRYhhF0Q%3D%3D

IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a player control foul.

The most obvious contact on the play is that of the offensive player pushing into the defender's torso to clear space to attempt the try. This contact gained an advantage for the ball handler, and there is rules support to charge a player control foul. 59% of respondents chose this as the correct ruling. 28% of respondents believed the defender illegally contacted the dribbler before the offense-initiated contact occurred.

Rule 10-7-12c states that placing and keeping a hand on a ball handler is a foul. If this occurred, there would be rules support to charge a handchecking foul on this play before the offense-initiated contact occurred.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a player control foul 59% (including me). This is a defensive foul 28%. This is incidental contact 12%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)