View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 04, 2021, 03:35pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Land Of Steady Habits ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
... States where the players are required to wear masks, are you given any directives on enforcement by your State?
Connecticut. Masks (not gaiters) must be worn over both the nose and mouth at all times except during four mask breaks (at approximately the 4:00 mark of each period). Mask breaks (water is allowed) are not to be used by coaches for instruction or coaching, and players may not gather around the bench area, but must be spaced out on the court.

Officials are expected to remind players to wear their masks properly if the masks accidentally slip off. Players who intentionally pull their masks down (or players whose masks frequently "accidentally" slip off) will be warned (not a written warning) the first time it happens. Second time the player will have to sit out a tick. Third time the player will have to sit out a tick. Fourth time the player will have to sit out a tick. And so on and so on. And scooby dooby dooby. Oh sha sha. No technical fouls.

COVID protocol issue problems are to be reported to our assigner, who, depending on the severity of the problem, will contact the school athletic director, the school principal, or our state interscholastic sports governing body.

I've had to remind one coach not to coach during a mask break (he thought it was a timeout), and I've sat down two players for a tick. Also asked a visiting scorekeeper not to sit at the table (not enough room for six feet apart with home scorekeeper and timer). Filed one report with my assigner for a school that didn't deem it necessary to sanitize the ball during timeouts, intermissions, and mask breaks (as required by our state interscholastic sports governing body).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 05, 2021 at 01:24pm.