View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 04, 2021, 03:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Very Thorough Play Commentary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It would have been helpful if IAABO gave a third choice, a common foul. I wonder if they will broach this idea in their play commentary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not work for IAABO, I was simply using my experience and understanding of the current rule.
I do "work" for IAABO, but that doesn't mean that I can't express my disagreement with some of their interpretations, especially in regard to subjective judgement calls.

That being said, whether I agree, or disagree, with them, I do like their very thorough play commentary. And I hope they explore the possibility that this was just a common foul for those that want to go that route, even though I believe this to be a flagrant foul, and if not, at least an intentional foul for excessive contact.

With such a wide range of expert opinions on the Forum regarding this video (common, intentional, flagrant), I'm curious to see IAABO's rationale to justify their interpretation in their play commentary, especially with a common foul not even being listed as an original choice.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Mar 04, 2021 at 04:37pm.