View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 03, 2021, 11:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

Despite Its Violent Nature ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicGuy View Post
The hook and throw is much more dangerous, in my opinion. Very easy to tear up a shoulder that way, to say nothing of the impact on the floor.
And yet, nobody in the video reacted to this play as if it was of a violent nature.

Not the players, not the officials, and not the offended head coach. The players just stood around (nobody immediately rushed to the aid of White #32). The Trail just sounded her whistle and headed to the reporting area. The Lead just stayed glued to his spot on the opposite side of the lane. White head coach just stayed in his coaching box with his arms calmly crossed.

Maybe this wasn't as violent as I first thought?

If it had been violent, opponents would be "jawing" at each other, with teammates coming to the aid of White #32. Both officials would be moving toward the two involved players to prevent any further escalation. The coach would immediately be complaining for an upgraded foul while getting ready to move toward his injured player.

Why didn't this play go sideways?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 05, 2021 at 11:33am.