View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 28, 2021, 12:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Illegal (Double) Dribble ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqb12 View Post
Player A1 stops the dribble ... Tosses the ball up ... Ball hits the floor and bounces back up to him. I understand you can't start a dribble without your pivot foot on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Your understanding is (mostly) correct, but nowhere in your description did you indicate that A1 lifted the pivot foot.
Jqb12's situation, as described, seems more like an illegal (double) dribble violation than a travel violation. He may be intermingling the two violations, or is not giving us enough information, or is giving us too much information.

9-5 Illegal Dibble: A player must not dribble a second time after his/her first dribble has ended, unless it is after he/she has lost control because of: A try for field goal. A touch by an opponent. A pass or fumble which has then touched, or been touched by, another player.

4-44 Traveling: After coming to a stop and establishing a pivot foot: The pivot foot may not be lifted before the ball is released to start a dribble. After coming to a stop when neither foot can be a pivot: Neither foot may be lifted before the ball is released, to start a dribble.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 28, 2021 at 12:40pm.