View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 27, 2021, 11:43am
Esteemed Forum Member

Call A Spade A Spade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Is this a handcheck, block, charge or incidental contact? Three choices: This is a blocking foul. This is a player control foul. This is incidental contact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a blocking foul.
Nitpicking here (because I'm a sore loser). Handcheck wasn't a choice (although we could write it in, c'mon, how often do write in candidates actually win?).

I guess that a handcheck (or illegal use of hands) can be a form of blocking?

4-24-5: It is not legal to use hands on an opponent which in any way inhibits the freedom of movement of the opponent or acts as an aid to a player in starting or stopping.

10-7-3: A player must not use his/her hands on an opponent in any way that inhibits the freedom of movement of the opponent or acts as an aid to a player in starting or stopping.

10-7-12: The following acts constitute a foul when committed against a ball handler/dribbler. A player becomes a ball handler when he/she receives the ball. This would include a player in a post position.
a. Placing two hands on the player.
b. Placing an extended arm bar on the player.
c. Placing and keeping a hand on the player.
d. Contacting the player more than once with the same hand or alternating hands.

4-7-1: Blocking is illegal personal contact which impedes the progress of an opponent with or without the ball.

I call a foul on IAABO for misleading.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 27, 2021 at 03:21pm.