View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 26, 2021, 11:01am
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says …

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...JWjhXjUuBQ.mp4

IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This should have been ruled a common foul.

On a breakaway, Green #23 is dribbling the ball into the frontcourt as he is fouled by White #12. On plays such as this, intentional fouls should be charged when contact is not a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player or when it is considered excessive contact. (4-19-3)

In this case, the defender did make a legitimate attempt to play the ball/player, and the contact was not excessive. This is a common foul and is ruled properly by the officials. This is a proper way to foul “deliberately” without being charged with an intentional foul.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: The contact is intentional 48%; This should have been ruled a common foul 47% (including me); The contact is incidental 5%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jun 06, 2021 at 10:01am.