View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2021, 06:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thoughtful Introspective ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Maybe I was concentrating on something else and was using my peripheral vision?
So I just returned from my daily second-heart-attack-preventing walk/bicycle/kayak session (no gym, doctor's orders due to COVID, walk today, too cold and windy for a bike ride), gave me time to think, and was re-living my first time real speed though the video to figure out why I screwed up (not an excuse, it was inexcusable, but a reason). If nothing else, thoughtful introspective shows one that I do care about improving. I figured it out. I remember that I was concentrating on the ball touch, or lack of, by the player in the middle of the floor, paying primary attention to the "touch" and (obviously) not enough attention (in hindsight) to his foot six feet away from his finger. I was distracted. I incorrectly assumed something that didn't happen. I was wrong. Lesson learned: Concentrate, pay better attention.

Bad calls. Wrong calls. Incorrect calls. Impactful, or not impactful. All these bother me. When they don't bother me any more, it's time for me to hang up my black belt.

Early in my career, bad calls like this bothered me throughout the remainder of the game, effecting my concentration, and thus, my performance. I finally learned to file it away during the rest of the game, and to lose sleep later that night analyzing the "screw up" to improve.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Feb 24, 2021 at 07:46pm.