View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 23, 2021, 01:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

IAABO Survey Says ...

Disclaimer: For IAABO eyes only. Below is not a NFHS interpretation, it's only an IAABO International interpretation which obviously doesn't mean a hill of beans to most members of this Forum.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...pqDgIuGv8E.mp4

IAABO International Play Commentary: Correct Answer: This is a foul on Blue No. 15.

In the low post area, Blue #15 uses his hands and arms to seal his defensive opponent and create a passing lane to receive the ball. As the possession begins, he slaps the extended arm of White #30 as he steps into the lane. Blue #15 extends his left arm behind him around the defender's torso, which enables him to determine where the opponent is positioned while he focuses on his teammate with the ball near the sideline. As the defender White #30 attempts to move to his right, Blue #15 extends his right arm into the defender's torso. When the defender moves to the left, Blue #15 extends and then his left arm horizontally into the defender's torso to maintain his position near the lane.

It is not legal to extend the arms fully or partially in a position other than vertical so that the freedom of movement of an opponent is hindered when contact with the arms occurs. (4-24-6) This action by Blue #15 is considered an illegal use of hands and arms, and a team control foul for holding should have been ruled on this play.

Here is the breakdown of the IAABO members that commented on the video: This is a foul on Blue No. 15 52% (including me); There is no foul on this play, both players are equally responsible for the incidental contact 43%; This is a foul on White No. 30 5%.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)