Thread: Megaphones ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 16, 2021, 02:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Go Spartans ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
2001-02 Annual Interpretation Situation 6: The school-sponsored cheerleaders wish to use megaphones as part of their cheerleading routines from the sidelines. Ruling: The new rule prohibiting artificial noisemakers would not apply to the cheerleaders in this situation. The megaphones would only be legal for the cheerleader’s use, provided they were being used appropriately. (1-18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
... cheerleaders may use the megaphones to amplify their voices, but may not bang them on the floor to make noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
... actual rulebook, annual interpretations, or casebook citations are absent (other than 2001-02 Annual Interpretation Situation 6 above).
Our high school cheerleaders, back in the late 1960s - early 1970s, as part of a few cheer routines, often banged their megaphones against the front face of the front row of bleachers that they sat on.

Seemed appropriate back then.

Fifty years later and in memories hidden in the deep recesses of my mind I can still hear the sound of megaphones banging against the front face of the bleachers.

I wonder if the cheerleaders are still as pretty as I remember them to be?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Feb 17, 2021 at 02:03pm.