View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2021, 09:24am
Esteemed Forum Member

Double Foul ???

What if the hand check and the elbow occurred at exactly the same time, instead of approximately the same time?

It's this a real option by rule?

Double Personal Foul and a Technical Foul: Charge Black #3 with a personal foul and White #24 with an intentional personal foul that occurs at approximately the same time. Then charge Black #3 with an Intentional Technical foul for dead ball contact.

A double personal foul means no free throws and point of interruption. But what if one foul had been ruled an intentional foul (moving elbow to the head)?

Don't we always have to shoot free throws on intentional fouls?

Wouldn't this (exactly the same time, one being ruled an intentional foul) be better described as a false double foul (fouls by both teams and one of the attributes of a double foul (same penalties) is absent)?

So my question is: What if two opponents foul each other at exactly the same time (didn't happen in the video) and one of the two fouls is an intentional foul? Absent the subsequent technical foul in this video, how would we penalize two opponents fouling each other at exactly the same time with one of the two fouls ruled as an intentional foul: free throws, or no free throws; ball to offended (intentionally fouled) team, or point of interruption? Absent the subsequent technical foul in this video, is this (exactly the same time) a double foul situation, or a false double foul situation?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 15, 2021 at 01:30pm.