View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 12, 2021, 04:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fun With Packing Bags …

Should this be ruled a traveling violation? Observe the play and make a decision as to whether or not the player committed a traveling violation. When does the dribble end? Is the left foot or the right foot the pivot foot? Is the movement after establishing the pivot foot legal?

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...eFDL7McByu.mp4

IAABO gives two choices: This is a traveling violation. This is not a traveling violation.

My comment: This is a traveling violation. A player who catches the ball while moving or dribbling may stop and establish a pivot foot. On one foot followed by the other, the first foot to touch is the pivot. He lifted that pivot foot without passing or shooting.

In really struggled with this play. Early returns by IAABO members who viewed the video and commented are leaning, by a wide margin, toward it not being a traveling violation, so I'm probably wrong, but I'm willing to learn how to adjudicate this play better.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Feb 12, 2021 at 05:29pm.