View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 10, 2021, 10:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

Fun With A Throwin Spot …

Observe the video and make a determination as to where should be the throw-in spot.

https://storage.googleapis.com/refqu...IgV9xHim3I.mp4

Two choices: The throw-in is correctly administered on the sideline where the ball went out-of-bounds after the violation for kicking. The throw-in should have taken place on the endline nearest to where the violation occurred.

My comment: The throw-in should have taken place on the endline nearest to where the violation occurred. After a violation, the ball is awarded to the opponents for a throwin from an out of bounds spot nearest the violation.

Note: I don’t believe that this video will generate any controversy. The reason I posted it is that the throwin spot after another type of violation, backcourt, can occasionally stymie some inexperienced officials, where the ball may not necessarily be put in play at the division line, but, rather, is always put back in play at the spot nearest the violation, which can be anywhere in the backcourt.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)