View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 02, 2021, 04:43pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Hi Mark - I'm a Greater Cleveland-er and have been thinking of getting into officiating lacrosse. Our local BB association (LEBOA) actually forwarded an e-mail from a lacrosse assignor that I didn't recognize basically pleading for new officials.

Any opinions on boys vs. girls / men vs. women? I was thinking I'd be OK with either. I have been officiating ice hockey for the past 6 years, and I've been told that lacrosse is not too much different, game flow wise, from hockey.

Any insights to a (potential) new lacrosse official as far as going towards the men or the women? There are several guys in our local BB association that have begun lacrosse and have said it's been a good experience. Some went to the mens game, some to the women...

Dan:

I do not have a clue. I just made the post because Mark, Jr., umpires softball in the ACC, and four other mid-major Div. I conferences as well as Div. II and III softball for the MAC softball assigner (Why he does not umpire softball in the MAC is story for another time, LOL?).

But I was a member of LEBOA when it was IAABO Board 55 because I sat on IAABO National Committees and have been a member of the Trumbull Co. Bkb. Off Assn. since 1971-72; I am a native of Youngstown (Liberty H.S., Class of 1969, and Youngstown State, BE in Civil Engineering, Class of 1980).

I am sorry I can't help you except to give both a try.

Have a good basketball season and stay safte!

Mark
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio