View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 28, 2021, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Play 1: From a HS perspective, an obvious BC once the play was slowed down. It was bang-bang in real time--and somewhat difficult to tell from the video who touched last during the scramble--so I would have no problem with the tip signal the official gives and the follow-up no call. Rather easy to tell the offensive player made last touch on slo-mo replay, so BC violation upon review.

Play 2: The L would have had a great view if the defender moved laterally into the shooters space. I have no problem with a PC foul here. L gave a preliminary signal right away, so I guess he was sure of what he had. If I'm C here I have no problem with L taking that call from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Here is the wording for the exception:

"9-12 Art. 5. A pass or any other loose ball (including when a player in control of the ball loses control of the ball when a defensive player bats or deflects it out of his control) in the front court that is deflected by a defensive player, which causes the ball to go into the backcourt may be recovered by either team even if the offense was the last to touch the ball before it went into the backcourt."

I believe the powers that be want us to be very liberal in regards to what a deflection by the defense causes. That is evidenced by the fact that they extended the rule after the season started to include in the exception when the offense is in the back court and a defensive player deflects the ball into the front court that touches an offensive player then is recovered by the offense in the back court.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The question I have from high school land is the ball never goes into the backcourt itself until it's touched by the player who is in the backcourt. Does that exception still apply in that case then?

Clarification, I'm asking for the NCAA ruling.

Last edited by SNIPERBBB; Thu Jan 28, 2021 at 08:06am.