Thread: pregame dunk
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 26, 2021, 11:04am
Esteemed Forum Member

Mark Padget Remembered ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Actually I get a chuckle out of the nostalgia of hot mom jokes from time to time.
I would often try to convince Mark Padgett to switch his jokes from "Hot Mom" to "Hot single Mom", not wanting to encourage officials to become home wreckers.

I miss Mark Padgett. Not only because of his great sense of humor, his childhood South Side of Chicago mobster stories, his pride in his Jewish faith, and his pride in the recreation leagues that he organized (offering "scholarships" to underprivileged youth), but also because of his insight into officiating recreation level basketball.

Sometimes some us forget that there's a whole world of basketball officiating under the professional, international, intercollegiate, and interscholastic level, and that the kids that play at these levels deserve to have some minimum level of competent officiating to fully enjoy their childhood basketball experiences. For some, perhaps many, this will be their last experience in organized basketball, and Mark Padgett was the guy to insure that their recreation experience was going to be a great one.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jan 26, 2021 at 11:42am.