Thread: pregame dunk
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2021, 04:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I've gone almost 20 years without sounding my whistle nor seeing anyone else sound their whistle. The 3-4 times I've been involved in games where players were T'd for dunking (including one D1 game before the rule change), the players were well aware officials were standing right there on the sidelines.

Now we need to announce ourselves with whistles all of a sudden?
Well, the ultimate problem is that there is a rule that is clear and the coaches for some dumb reason never address it. So you see officials do all kinds of things to not have to call a T anyway they can. I am in support of all of it personally if it gets you over. Part of it too is that even when you see it, we have to argue about it with someone. Either the coach that saw it on the other team or the coach of the team that did it.

I had to call it at the beginning of the season last year. I did not personally see it, but I heard it for sure. And it took the next 5 minutes to tell the coach he had to sit down and he wanted me to "give him a break."

I am good with whatever people want to do here and I have done both. In some situations, if I do not do it that way we will have multiple Ts because silly coaches never address this with their teams.

Peace