Thread: HS uniform
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2021, 11:33am
Esteemed Forum Member

Give An Inch, Take A Mile ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Similar to the "undershirt much match the jersey" rule -- how exact do we want to be.
Several years ago, during player introductions, my partner and I noted that a visiting starting player wearing a very dark purple road jersey (that we called one syllable “Black”) was wearing a black undershirt, with extremely short sleeves. We both decided to let it go but to mention to the player and coach that said player should get a purple undershirt.

In the second period a visiting substitute takes off his warmup jacket and heads to the table to enter the game. He's wearing a long sleeve black undershirt under his dark purple jersey, the long sleeve black undershirt being much more noticeable (and illegal) than the starter wearing an extremely short sleeve black undershirt.

This quote immediately came to mind:"No good deed goes unpunished." (Oscar Wilde, Irish playwright, poet, and author)

Dark Purple, Black; Potato, Potahto; Tomato, Tomahto.

We let him enter.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jan 21, 2021 at 12:12pm.