Thread: HS uniform
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2021, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=bob jenkins;1041053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I suggest that a "slightly different" shade of blue is not illegal under 3-4-1 and that, consistent with the intent and purpose of the rules, the caseplay modifies the "illegal uniform" idea./QUOTE]

Similar to the "undershirt much match the jersey" rule -- how exact do we want to be.

I often say that when I was in kindergarten, I only had the box of 8 crayola crayons, not the box of 64 with the sharpener on the side. So, I only know blue, black, green red, yellow, orange, brown, white and not sky blue, baby blue, light blue, carolina blue, honolulu blue.... So, that's the (general) criteria I use.

And, in the OP -- it might also depend on how much the Soph plays in the V game -- if it's in a mop-up role at the end of the game I'm likely to be more forgiving than if he's the first sub off the bench.
You'd think that a second team player on the V team would be given the proper uniform. That's the common practice around here. Rarely see a JV uniform with the V team but the opposite is common.