Thread: HS uniform
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2021, 10:45am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I suggest that a "slightly different" shade of blue is not illegal under 3-4-1 and that, consistent with the intent and purpose of the rules, the caseplay modifies the "illegal uniform" idea. Is "slightly different blue" the equivalent of "trim"? If not, then the JV jersey in the case play is illegal and has violated the rules. But the case play says the jersey is legal.

Examples of illegal uniforms--generally applicable to all team members--in the case book are very different than a slight difference in hue.

Suppose a player forgot his blue jersey but had a green one. Are you going to let him play at the cost of a T, because it's an "illegal uniform" and not "illegal equipment"?

Unless there is an old case play, no longer in the book, to the contrary, this is how I would argue to the "can't play" officials.
I'm looking for reasons to let the player play, not trying to find reasons to keep him from playing.

I'm going to tell my partners (and the opposing coach, assuming he even has a problem with it), that I'm making the decision to let the player play and feel free to contact our supervisor, as will I.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk